Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Redefined



taking a breather for a minute to share this amazing & fascinating little guy. Autism & it's incredible complexity has completely transformed our family, it challenges me to my core, it has chipped away & pressed us to purge so many negative, selfish attitudes.... they definitely rear their heads whenever they get the chance, like it did for me last night. So I'm nipping it in the bud right now. 

We are still learning to redefine spending time as a family, learning to have fun in creative, out-of-the-box ways. We may not be a family of rock climbers or hikers like our plans detailed. At this point we have to have back up & bail out plans whenever we leave the house. It's not what I would have chosen, but it's what I needed...I am seeing a world that needs hope that I didn't see before. We may not understand why, we may be prone to jealousy sometimes, but we have been richly blessed to learn a depth of patience, unconditional love, & contentment. 


We are a special needs/military family, we are the DeLauter's, we won't be stomped out, we will fight to stay positive, we will fight for our family. We may not see a cure on this earth, but we won't give up...even if it means waiting for victory on the Other Side & we'll be rocking it!!! "The only disability in life is a bad attitude." (Scott Hamilton)


No comments:

Post a Comment